ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 02:31 PM   #524
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

300-2
Hasbro- Marvel Legends: Nova

Rating of worst to best of the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies continued; see review 207-2, 210-2, 216-2, 222-2, 228-2, 232-2, 233-2, 242-2, 244-2, 248-2, 254-2, 258-2, 259-2, 294-2 & 296-2 for the previous instalments.

Marvel Cinematic Universe Rating #7: Thor Ragnarok

My review in 6 words: I love this movie. The end. More? Ok, fine, but the fact remains that I do really love this movie. Why? Well to be honest it caught me by surprise. There is a reason why the first 2 Thor movies are in the bottom 5: I just didn’t really care for them. Sure, they get credit for being true to the character and the comics, but the mass appeal was lacking. I never saw it in theaters and may have even waited until it was released on Netflix, but was really impressed with how a Thor movie could be handled in the right hands. Overall I thought it had an enjoyable story, introduced some great new characters (Valkyrie, The GrandMaster and Korg) and built on Thor’s personal that leads well into his role in Infinity War. I also liked the inclusion of the Planet Hulk storyline as it connected the two Avengers together. Now I realize that it is not all love and admiration for this movie, especially from Brad; a buddy of mine who is a huge Thor fan. His complaint was that there was WAY too many jokes and otherwise silly parts throughout the movie and he wished that they maintained the more serious feel from the previous 2 movies. I don’t disagree with Brad’s assessment and wouldn’t have minded if they dialed back the jokes/humor by 20% to match Thor in Infinity War or even Endgame/ That said, it still worked for me and really worked to change my opinion on a character that was really just meh. As of this writing they have officially announced the 4th instalment and all signs point to the Lady Thor storyline. While this is an interesting concept and something I am actually somewhat familiar with, I will remain cautiously optimistic that the MCU will deliver another pleasant surprise.

Pros: I’m not really a fan of Nova as I feel he (and his Corps) are the K-Mart version of DC”s Green Lanterns, but that’s really just the impression that I get given that I have not delved into the comics at this point. That said, the figure is actually pretty nice and not the worst of the wave. He has a nice head sculpt, great articulation and an extremely striking paint job. I also appreciate the extra shoulder details that sets it apart from being just another repainted body.

Cons: In a world where McFarlan and Jazwares can include multiple accessories with all their Fortnite figures I think it would be reasonable for Hasbro to include something else to go along with a figure like Nova.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping