ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 02-17-2020, 06:33 PM   #526
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

302-2
Hasbro- G.I. Joe- Renegades: Scarlett

I’m continuing to review each episode of the short lived G.I. Joe Renegades show; see review 275-2 for past reviews.

EP - 1: Descent Part 1: Basic premise: Starts off with that type of storytelling that involves all hell breaking loose and then some type of voice over saying: “you’re probably wondering how I got into this mess?” or even something simple like “6 hours eairlyer”. I’m not sure what that is called, but I always have liked it, even though it does not take very long to resolve at all. The Joes infiltrate the Cobra facility to find intel on illegal activity that Cobra is involved in. They find that Mindbender has created BioVipers for Cobra to use in combat (I guess) and the Joes fight their way out and eventually blow up the place.

Thoughts: I like the “Cobra as a legitimate business schtick” but wish they went a little less on the nose as Cobra industry just sounds evil. There is a better option that my Brother came up with years ago, but I’ll share it on the next review. I’m fine that the team instantly comes together, but the hamfisted way that everyone picks up a nickname is annoying. Mindbender is really stupid in this show: think Jesse Esinberg Lex Luthor stupid. Oh wow, first EP on and they killed off Ripcord. I recall that he comes back, but dang…

Pros: Much like the other figures in this series, Scarlett maintains that nice mix of ARAH and cartoon aesthetics. A good amount of articulation for the size, a really great sculpt and has a good amount of usable accessories that fits the character.

Cons: Would have been nice if they included a backpack to store her weapons.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping