ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 02-19-2020, 11:15 AM   #528
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

304-2
Hasbro- Transformers- Thrilling 30: Brainstorm

So I picked Brainstorm up way back in 2015 during a trip to Kalispell Montana for a Soccer tournament that my son was competing at. If I recall correctly, he was a Target exclusive that never made it to Canada, so I was quite happy when I saw him on the shelves. It’s funny how many things have changed since that time. Not only is my son old enough to now vote, but Transformers is no longer the focus of my collection. I will say that I loved that Hasbro released a Head Master as part of this line, but could not help be disappointed with their choice of character as Brainstorm was never my go to as a kid. Thankfully for us, Hasbro doubled down since then and have given us not only another Brainstorm, but a good portion of other Head Masters that are superior to their G1 counterparts; that is except one key figure from my youth: Snap Dragon.

Pros: Overall Brainstorm is a nice looking figure in both modes and I really appreciate the larger size class. The vehicle mode is a nice updated G1 looking Cybertron Jet with a great overall robot mode complete with a nice articulation scheme and fancy ankle tilts.

Cons: I’m really not a fan of his Headmaster counterpart and feel that Hasbro could have done a bit more to plus up the figure much like they did with the current Headmasters, or even like they did with the original G1 figures.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping