ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 11:17 AM   #152
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

058-2
Hasbro- Marvel Legends: Absorbing Man

The Absorbing Man wave was the first completed Marvel Legends set that I caught all at once from an online retailer. I paid a bit of a premium for it because it was being shipped from the United States and as such I had the brilliant idea to sell the completed build-a- figure because I was not interested in keeping him in the collection… or so I thought. However, the more pictures I saw of him in others collections the more I felt that I made a mistake by selling him off. So, when I had a chance to pick him up for cheaper than what I sold him for I jumped on the chance. Now that he is in-hand (again) I must say that it is very impressive and wonder why I didn’t keep him. Seriously, the figure is awesome; massive size, 2 pairs of different arms with elemental differences and two incredible head sculpts that just ooze character.

The only downside is the ball and chain weapon that comes with Spider Gwen as it has no paint or finish and looks cheap. This normally would not be an issue except that it is supposed to align with his metal arm making it seem like he ABSORBED its molecular properties. I suppose if I cared that much I could paint the ball and chain, but I’m not that vexed.

Pros: An overall great build-a-figure that has an imposing sculpt with nice features and accessories.

Cons: Cheap looking weapon and I’ll never like the build a figure sales model

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping