ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-24-2018, 11:02 AM   #160
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

064-2
DC Collectibles- DC Bombshells: Harley Quinn.

I voiced my trepidations about the Bombshells franchise in my review for Wonder Woman and my opinions haven’t really changed; Long story short: the Bombshells are a good thing IMO.

Second in the line is the UBER popular Harley Quinn, who is fittingly pretty well at home under the Bombshells label. For the most part I appreciate the character of Harley and really enjoy the idea that a (relatively) new character in such a defined universe can still be sussed out. That said I feel like her cult level of fame has hit a peak level of fandom and as such becoming a bit too exposed (literally in some cases) for my tastes and I hope that they pump the brakes on her a bit. However, I believe that I heard some reports about a Harley-centric sequel to Suicide Squad, so i’m not so sure that less Harley is in our future.

Now my misgivings with the character aside, this figure is AMAZING. It really is a testament to how great DC Collectibles can be with all cylinders firing. Like Wonder Woman she’s a bit taller than your average Marvel Legend figure at around 6.75 inches, but suits the line and allows for lots of usable articulation. They did fairly well for accessories providing 6 hands, a nice sized mallet and an oversized hand gun. Where this figure shines is in details. Firstly the sculpting details are fantastic: Her jacket, belt and boots are outstanding for an action figure. Secondly, a small little thing, but she has these little sculpted Joker playing cards tucked in the top of her socks and lastly, on her hand gun there is a tiny little Batman keychain hanging from a loop. Such fantastic little details on a figure that cost around $32. Highly recommended for any fan of Harley, DC Comics or toys in general.

Pros: Great sculpt, nice accessories and fantastic little details.

Cons: Size class might be an issue for some fans.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping