ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-04-2020, 11:56 AM   #29
chaingunsofdoom
Master of the Universe
Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse toyline

The 7-inch scale doesn't bother me as much as the inconsistentcy between the figures themselves.

I think for their first wave they shot at a dartboard and that's how the came up with their 4-5 different looks (TAS, 1000, Armored duo, etc). For example, Nightwing is much taller than Batman and Batgirl. If whatever doesn't sell, drop it and change course...?

They also tried a dull gimmick out of the gates making a tiny 3-piece Batmobile but charging $5 extra per piece for it. The Raptor while decent for the $30 price and provides and actual vehicle for a 7-inch figure, doesn't mesh with non-Batman fans who don't see it as a Batmobile.

The WW84 figures are both excellent even if in her normal costume her leg color looks a bit off. The Gold one is already on my list for best figure at the halfway point. But some of her faces in-store looked poorly done compared to others. AA Joker looks excellent but I haven't opened him until I can see AA Batman beside him. I would buy a BOP HQ but it is nowhere to be found so will they bother to release it?

Next wave Azrael looks great but the Batman/Joker are from another story I never got around to reading.

Last edited by chaingunsofdoom; 07-04-2020 at 12:00 PM.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping