ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 11-16-2017, 03:40 PM   #121
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

2-040
Hasbro- Titans Return: Apeface

I’m very familiar with G1 headmaster Horrorcon Apeface who was binary bonded (what an amazing term) to Spazma who was essentially his head while in robot and beast mode, but I can’t quite figure out who this little guy is supposed to be. Sure, it says his name is Apeface, but how can that be? Should this not be Spazma who comes with a little Ape/Jet version of his old buddy Apeface? Truth be told, this was my first little single pack and I’m feeling a bit ripped off. Why is it that they can make every other Transformers character in Titans Return figure into a Headmaster, including the figures that never were Headmasters in the first place, but skip two of the best (I include Snapdragon in there too) in favor of little head figures with mini versions of their original forms? Don’t get me wrong, the homage is nice and the two different modes are pretty cute, but it just seems like a missed opportunity to update the Horrorcons.

Pros: Cute little figures that almost look like that thing I played with as a kid.

Cons: A bit of a letdown considering they should have gone full scale with this well-known fan favorite.

Team Jetfire is online now   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping