ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 02-06-2023, 02:54 PM   #1515
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

885-2
Super 7- Disney Ultimates: Pinocchio.

Much like the movie Pinocchio, I?m note sure how I feel about the Super 7 figure of Pinocchio. Yes it?s classic Disney and yes there is some to love, but I?m just not sure it was worth the time (for movie) or money (for toy). That said, I?m perfectly aware of the baggage that I?m still carrying about my recent Super 7 experience and that it is affecting my view on these figures, but I digress, I feel like this could have been better. I?ll go into more detail in my Pros and Cons, but I did want to take this time to proclaim that I officially do not like alternative heads as accessories and will start including them as ?cons? in my future reviews. Why you ask? Because they are stupid, that?s why. The way I see it is that I am an out of the box toy collector that removes the figure from packaging and displays it on a shelf. I only have 1 base figure and three heads. How am I going to display the extra heads? They literally go into a storage case. I?d much rather if manufactures spent the money on usable things rather than stuff that is not going to be used. That said, my new found ire is limited to companies producing full heads and not those like Beast Kingdom and Jazwares that only change parts of the face plate: those are innovative, the heads are lazy.

Pros: I really like the sculpt that Super 7 did on Pinocchio and looks very true to his Disney animated look. Articulation is decent for a figure his size and they included a good amount of accessories including Jiminy the Cricket and Figaro the cat. Something also needs to be said about that packaging as it is basically a MISB collectors wet dream.

Cons: Alt heads should not be considered accessories. Yes they are cool, but I only have one wooden boy to display it with. Also as compared to both Mickey and Prince John, Pinocchio comes up a bit short on value.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping