ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 02-07-2023, 02:41 PM   #1517
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

886-2
Toybiz- The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring: Goblin Archer

It’s interesting doing a bit of a retrospective on the Toybiz Lord of the Rings line 15 years removed from when it ended. What does that mean? Well, I’ve spent the last 12 months reviewing eBay listings searching for missing bricks of my LOTR wall and over time trends start to appear. And while I have a pretty good handle on what is hot in the current collector market, there seems to be very little rhyme or reason, outside of supply, of certain figures that creates big swings in after market prices for certain figures. And while the lay person might think that a main character like Frodo or Aragorn would be in big demand, it is more likely that a no name “GOBIN ARCHER” with 1 second of film time fetches a much higher price. That is not to say that it isn’t a good figure, or rather not worth it, but tells a story that while most people want the main cast, there is and will always be a market for the lesser known character. Hold-up… did I just accidentally poke holes in Toy Story 2? By all accounts Stinky Pete should have been worth Woody given that Woody was the main character and they would have produced WAY more of him. Yikes, I have to work through this now… To be continued.

Pros: Typically awesome figure all around with a detailed sculpt and nice accessories, including a bow, 4 arrows and a quiver to hold them.

Cons: Little issue with the articulation and overall ability to pose, but he looks great nevertheless.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping