ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 06-02-2020, 03:50 PM   #623
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

377-2
Hasbro- Transformers Prime: Ultra Magnus.

So here’s a funny thing that might surprise a few people: I prefer Ultra Magnus over Optimus Prime. I think it has to do with the fact that I never really had much of a connection to Optimus Prime, even before he died. Of course that could have changed if I had a toy of him as a kid, but I was all about the background characters. That's not to say that I liked the G1 version of Magnus, as I didn’t have him either, but I certainly started to appreciate him from the early 2000’s RID series that featured Ultra Magnus as a powerful warrior with a somewhat tumultuous past. If I recall the story properly, Magnus was a brother to Optimus and only after they buried the hatched did they unlock the ability to combine together to take on much bigger threats. I am a big fan of both the character and the toy and have continued this with every new iteration with another high point coming from the Transformers Animated version that carries through to this Prime version.

Pros: I really need to revisit Transformers Prime as I am really interested in how Ultra Magnus was portrayed. Regardless, I really like the overall look of Magnus in both modes. The robot mode captures the Prime look fairly well and has a decent amount of articulation allowing for a number of poses. The transformation is fairly typical for a “truck style” figure and is not too easily or difficult. He also comes with a massive hammer/gun that can convert to his hook assembly in truck mode.

Cons: Unfortunately the joints in robot mode are quiet loose and he has a hard time holding any poses. Also, while I love the gigantic weapon, he can’t hold it up at all.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping