Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 06-19-2021, 01:06 PM   #20
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe
Re: Hasbro Revenues and Why Exclusives Aren't Going Anywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post
I'm grateful that some Marvel Legends figures do come with alternate heads (the hands can also be useful some times but I've noticed that I usually don't swap those). The option to "choose your head" at least makes it feel a bit justifiable to pay $33+tax for what should be $25. I wish they'd just drop the BaF gimmick and thus drop the price back to $25 or $27.

Maybe Hasbro doesn't understand that I'm buying toys from most of their toylines (SW, Joe, TF, Marvel Legends) so seeing a big price increase over the last 2 years across the board has basically broken the bank for me. I've already voted with my wallet and been forced to pass on some items that I'd otherwise buy... but can't justify.

The 4-inch scale was great: $10 for a MarvelU figure, didn't eat up much shelf space nor storage space when not on display. David Vonner, you are badly missed.
So that's why the 4 inch line ended? I remember I picked up a Gambit and Dead Pool from that line about 10 years ago before I really got into collecting. They had nice details and accessories for the price point. If Hasbro got rid of the BAF you'd still be paying that high price. I don't know if there has been a changing of the guard or something when it come to who runs Hasbro but the company has just become VERY anti-consumer. I get that Anti-consumer tactics is a normal thing all business do in some way shape or form but Hasbro seems to be putting it on steroids these past few years.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping