ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 08:30 PM   #8
pud333
Master of the Universe
Re: 1/60 Macross Reviews

I have here the 1/60 Ghost Booster add-on pack for the VF-0S. In the Macross Zero anime, the UNSPACEY valks use these unmanned drones to not only fight along side them, but to attach onto the valks and boost their speed and firepower.

1.jpg

The toy comes in your typical Yamato packaging. It comes with the instruction book, sticker sheet (which you don't really even use) two different sets of missiles, a couple attachments for the Ghost Booster, and a couple replacement parts (beige and grey) for your VF-0S/A, depending on which model you have, and what looks like a little white camera thing.

2.jpg

The Ghost booster is a nice looking plane. Nothing special about it. It has the diecast retractable landing gear, and the rear booster is pretty cool, as it is able to move in various directions. In the anime, the valks use the boosters to alter their flight at sharp angles.

3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg

Here is the VF-0S fully armored. In my review of the VF-0S, I mentioned that it was missing something. Well, it was missing the Ghost Booster, because this looks pretty bad-ass all decked out. Here it is in fighter, gerwalk and battroid mode.

7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg10.jpg11.jpg12.jpg13.jpg14.jpg15.jpg

I really like the Ghost Booster. It does do wonders to the VF-0S. I paid $50 for it. If you can, try to find the bundled VF-0S/Ghost Booster pack, which should save you about $20-30.

» Action Figure Shopping