Thread: My collection
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2014, 12:33 AM   #34
cobralegion
Decepticon
Re: My collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Destruction View Post
From what I remember, Zellers was almost always a mess. But you're right in the fact that there were desirable items, you just had to dig for them(but I guess that was also part of the fun of the hunt).
And as for as the comparison of how much stock the two carried, Zellers seemed to have a hell of a lot more stock onhand than Target(but that might have been part of their downfall). I remember scoring a lot of G.I.Joe ROC & POC for dirt cheap sale prices(just as good, if not better than Target clearance pricing). Some of you may be thinking ROC? Big deal. And although there were a lot of bad figures, there were some really good ones aswell.
At Zellers the management always pushed to get as much on the sales floor as possible( wish I'd taken photos of the back before 2011 as it was so jam packed you could barely walk through let alone get a skid through) ...and it looked bad but in the end at least people could buy stuff. You can't buy it if its in the back lol.

As for having too much stock..it was good as Zellers made money..a lot more then Target is now. People always think Zellers went out of business but it was just bought out. I think it was Targets strategy to get rid of one of their competitors much like Sobey's buying Safeway and then closing or changing the stores

I loved the POC and ROC sales to and agree some of the figures might have been bad but there were a lot of good figures to. Its sure better then what we have now. The Stars Wars exclusives were great to and I wish I hadn't sold mine as they go for crazy prices now.

On the plus side for Target..they at least got in Count Chocula! sadly Franken Berry was sold out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg reddeerchockula 052.jpg (94.5 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by cobralegion; 09-21-2014 at 12:38 AM.
cobralegion is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping