ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 05-30-2019, 12:34 PM   #381
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

212-2
DC Collectibles- DC Icons: Atomica and the Atom.

I like to think of myself as a bit of a comic book fan with a decent knowledge of most modern characters of the DC universe, but Atomica was certainly a bit of mystery. In truth, it’s not surprising given her relatively short time being alive and all (Villain posing as a hero, eventually getting squished by Lex Luthor...oh, um…. SPOILERS), but still you would think give the great cost for action figure production that DC Collectibles would have maybe selected a more popular character for their FIRST female release of their Icons line. Sure eventually we would get Harley, Wonder Woman and Batgirl, but what about all the other fantastic ladies of DC like Catwoman, Batwoman, Lois Lane, and of the GL Corps. I suppose there is the added bonus of the 2 little Atom figures, but given that the Atom never got a full size release and these little figures are a bit basic, it’s not really fair trade in my opinion. Perhaps DC should have made The Atom regular sized and Atomica middle sized as a nice little (heh) bonus for anyone who actually knew of her limited history.

Pros: Despite being an unknown, DC did a phenomenal job with this release. Amazing head sculpt, nice costume details like on her belt as well as double jointed elbows. The mid-sized Atom has a decent sculpt, but limited articulation and the min-Atom looks has a neat little shrinking effect that his feet can plug into.

Cons: Unfortunately Atomic’s amazingly sculpted hair limits her neck movement causing her to always look down . Also has the same Icons thigh swivel issue that I will not shut up about. I also wish that the Atom had a bit more articulation to make him a more legitimate release.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping