ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 06-17-2019, 03:57 PM   #389
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

217-2
Hasbro- Transformers Prime: Wheeljack

Rating of worst to best of the Transformers movies continued; see review 208-2 & 213-2 for previous instalments:
Transformers Movie Rating #7. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.

The Ugly- So much, so very much is ugly with this movie that it’s hard to believe Hasbro signed off on it. Firstly the female characters are nothing more than eye candy or parental characterture with no development whatsoever. When compared to the BumbleBee and the Last Knight it’s crazy how far they have come. Secondly, those frickin twins… Like how could anyone listen to those voices matched with that design and think that it might come off as a touch insensitive? Again, how did Hasbro sign off on this again? Thirdly, the humor appeals to the lowest common denominator with multiple fart jokes, sexual innuendos and two parents that I think should be committed to a mental institution. Lastly and I have to say it; I find the idea giant alien robots much more believable than Sam being with Mikaela and they make a big deal about him saying that he is in LOVE? Jesus christ Michael Bay; stop it with the American boy cliches!

Pros: I have loved Wheeljack since I first saw him and Bumblebee stealing power rods from the Decepticons on Cybertron so any Wheeljack is a good Wheeljack, err for the most part anyways. There is a lot to love on this figure: A great sculpt with really nice G1 Wheeljack details (including back fins), a good amount of usable articulation for some dynamic poses and 2 kickass swords that have built in backpack storage.

Cons: While the figure itself is pretty great, it just doesn't really fit the personality of the G1 character. Wheeljack is not really known as a blade wielding ninja bot, but more of a mechanical engineer; perhaps they played up that side of him in the cartoon, but it's certainly not apparent in this figure.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping