ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 04:25 PM   #431
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

245-2
Disney Infinity 3.0- Star Wars: Zeb Orrelios

Rating of worst to best of the Star Wars movies continued; see reviews 215-2, 218-2, 221-2 & 241-2 for the previous instalments:

Star Wars Movie Rating #9. Star Wars Ep 3- Revenge of the Sith: The Bad

2 things really stick out for me. Firstly I hated Padmae's role in this film. In the previous movies she had proven herself a strong willed, capable bad-ass that was basically now tethered to the sideline, forced to watch her story unfold around her. I realize that she was prego, but that doesn't mean she needs to sit in her suite crying for half the movie; is this the same queen who repelled up the side of the palace in EP 1 to reclaim her throne? Sure doesn't seem like it. Or the same tough warrior who saved herself from death by an alien cat in EP 2? Hell no. Basically it seemed as though Lucas wanted to use her as a prop in Anakin's downfall rather than an active player in the movie narrative which I feel is a bit of a misstep. Thankfully she gets some redemption from the Clone Wars cartoon series that takes place prior to EP3, but still showcases her potential.
The second bad thing was the timeline. I touched on it a bit in my comments from EP2, but I feel that the events which transpired in the trilogy that we were presented with should have been fit into EP 1 and Ep 2, with the fall of Anakin and subsequent rise of Vaber being the climatic point and cliff hanger of EP 2. Then EP 3 would be the rise of Vader, his subsequet quest to hunt down and kill the Jedi, his murder of Padme (post birth of the Twins with him not knowing) and his final battle with Obi Wan that left him permenantly scared thus becoming a more machine than man. To be honest it really bothers me that in the finale of EP 3 Vader looks just as we know him to look. I feel like it would have been really cool if we saw halm in some prototype suit that looked similar, but not quite the finished product. Ah well, As far as Lucas was concerned the story was done and everything (almost) fit into the timeline, ready for Ep4.
Pros: Kudos to Lucasfilm (or whoever was the showrunner for Star Wars Rebels) for including the initial concept look of Chewbacca as a new character in Rebels. I suppose you could argue that it’s not 100% the same, but it's undeniable that it has that overall look that was featured in Ralph Mccuarie’s concept art. AS for the figure, it of course has that fantastic Disney Infinity look that I love and features a great pose, oozing with character.
Cons: We’ll probably never see a “Toy Box” version of this figure and doubtful that Hasbro will do a 6” Black Series version, so this is likely it for Zeb in my collection, also its part of a cancelled video game and has no articulation.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping