ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 08-14-2019, 09:33 PM   #435
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

247-2
Disney Toy Box- Star Wars: Princess Leia

Rating of worst to best of the Star Wars movies continued; see reviews 215-2, 218-2, 221-2, 241-2 & 245-2 for the previous instalments:

Star Wars Movie Rating #9. Star Wars Ep 3- Revenge of the Sith: The Ugly

The Ugly- I'll just go ahead and say it: order 66 sucked. There is no reason why all the Jedi knights, basically trained fighters with literal super powers, should have been killed off in a 10 minute montage. I recognize that they do need to be eliminated and some could have killed in this way, but as mentioned above, Vader should have been the one to hunt down ad kill all the Jedi’s over a longer period of time and we are just not talking the younglings.
I'll also add that I hated the ridiculous way that Padmae died. Giving up the "will to live" is not a thing. Not to be outdone was Vader's literal laugh out loud "nooooooo" moment which consequently happens at the same time really caps this movie off on a down note at a time when Star Wars future was not a certainty. I suppose some props should be given to Lucas for being able to tie it up in a way that we all recognized to be in EP 4, but the armchair writer/director just felt there was so much more potential here.
Pros; Overall nice looking figure featuring her classic white EP4 outfits, good head sculpt (that's honestly better than anything Hasbro has done) and her trademark blaster to take out those pesky Storm Troopers.
Cons: HARD PLASTIC SKIRT! What’s the point of having full leg articulation if it’s almost completely limited? So disappointing on a figure that could have been really cool.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping