ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-24-2022, 08:17 PM   #1234
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

756-2
Hasbro- Star Wars Black Series: Jango Fett

Here?s a hot take: people should hate Jango Fett. He?s a paper thin character whose only purpose is fan service. See, Lucas bombed so hard on the Phantom Menace that he over-corrected with Attack of the Clones and gave the ?fans? something that they wanted for years. You didn?t like the revolutionary fully CGI character that changed filmmaking as we know it? Fine, have a guy that looks like Boba Fett. Oh, better yet, he?ll be Boba Fett?s dad. Oh and even better yet, he will be the basis for ALL THE Clone Troopers that we see for years to come. And just like that, we lapped it up like the predictable idiots we are. He does have a cool helmet though.

One small disclaimer: I really appreciate that the actor of Jango and the face (And I think voice) of literally thousands of other Clone Troopers, Temuera Morrison, gets to have another life as Boba Fett in the Mandalorian series. The clones are such a massive part of the Star Wars universe now and it would not feel right that the ?father? of these characters was not given another crack in the Star Wars universe.

Pros: Black Series Jango Fett is amazing. Sculpt is amazing, blasters with holsters are amazing, Backpack is great, articulation is good and the fact that the Helmet is REMOVABLE and looks normal is a huge win.

Cons: This would have been a huge ask, but I would have loved some flame effects.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping