ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 03:34 PM   #386
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

215-2
Hasbro- Star Wars Black Series: Han Solo

Well, you probably figured this was coming, time to rank the Star Wars movies from bottom to top, and like the Transformer Movies I’m going to take a Good, Bad and Ugly look at each film in the ranking. I’m not including the Clone Wars animated movie, the Ewoks TV specials, or the Life Day special because I do not want to put them too far above the others that it wouldn’t even be fair. As always, these are my thoughts and probably differ from yours and that's ok.

Star Wars Movie Rating #10- Star Wars EP2 Attack of the Clones.

This should not be a surprise to anyone, but AOTC is, in my mind, the worst of the Star Wars movies yet I still watch it on a regular basis for some reason. I can say that my opinion of the movie is somewhat tainted given that I was going through some challenging times in my personal life, but even if I had won the lottery the same day that I say it I'm sure I would have still had the same feeling about it.
The Good: When this movie as a whole is viewed as a cheesy pulp novel with cliche story lines, hoeky dialogue and over the top characters it's actually somewhat palatable. For example, Obi Wan's detective noir side story is kinda fun and many of the characters introduced like Count Dooku and Jango Fett are not terrible to watch. I also will give credit to Hayden Christensen for taking over the role of Anakin Skywalker from the terribly miss cast Jake Lloyd and made it somewhat believable that he could eventually turn into Darth Vader. finally the battle of Geonosis was great and lightsaber duel between Duku, Obi Wan, Anakin and finally Yoda had me smiling from ear to ear. Overall Ep 2 helped create a world that could transition to the next chapter as well as create a starting point for 8 seasons of the very popular and well made
Han Solo
Pros: The rouge smuggler with a heart of gold looks great in his signature Star Wars outfit with iconic vest, blue pants and black boots. The pre “face scanning” head sculpt works well enough and the blasters, belts and spare flying gloves are a really nice touch.

Cons: I get really nervous while changing over the belts as I can just see the soft rubber tab breaking clean off. Also, it's hard to get into a single jointed elbow in a in a double jointed elbow world and while I appreciate the cleaner aesthetic, a greater range of motion would be nice.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping