ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 09-27-2017, 11:01 AM   #75
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

2-008
Hasbro - Marvel Legends: Hulkbuster

As expected the Hulkbuster armour is extremely impressive and, like with the other oversized Legends, is really only possible through the build-a-figure model. I suppose that Hasbro could possibly release larger, one-off figures, but I’m not sure that is terribly cost effective given packaging, extra shipping etc. However as impressive as it is, collecting all the parts is still quite honestly, a gigantic pain in the ass for collectors. Not only does it mean that an entire set of figures, no matter how obscure or terrible they are (looking at you Blizzard), need to be purchased to build said figure, there is also the new added wrinkle that many packages have been intercepted by total a-holes with little regard for any other collector and have either switched the accessory with another BAF part, removed entirely, or in what may be the biggest show of assholery, replaced with a f-ing piece of paper. To top it off, retailers seem to be completely ignorant about it.

Luckily for me, I was able to get a complete set from retail discounter Winners and only paid $10 for each figure; a very good deal in my opinion and honestly closer to the price that these figures are actually worth. I just wish I had the patience to get all my ML that way, but there is never any guarantees what shows up there.

I will say again, the figure is impressive, has a decent range of motion considering his size and scales nicely with all the other figures. I have not opened his buster namesake just yet, so the epic showdown will have to wait for the time being.

I sincerely hope that they continue to offer these larger figures as part of the BAF line given the cool opportunity to feature these larger figures, however there really needs to be a better solution for the theft problem plaguing this line.

Pros: A large, imposing figure with good range of motion for size.

Cons: Standard BAF issues including the need to purchase the whole set garbage and all and

dealing with theft.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping