ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 02-18-2020, 05:20 PM   #527
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

303-2
DC Collectibles- Batman The Animated Series: The Riddler

Continuing my quest to re-watch all the DC Animated features to date and give some thoughts regarding 3 key touchpoints: Animation Style, Voice Acting & Story. These are really just rough notes as I watched the movie and might not make a whole lot of sense unless you have recently watched it. See 290-2 for my previous instalment.

Justice League - The New Frontier 2008
Animation Style- Fantastic stylized version that matches the Comic very well.
Voice Acting- Works well enough for the cast- Surprised to see Neil Patrick Harris in there as The Flash and Lucy Lawless is fitting as Wonder Woman.
Story- I Really loved loved the origin stories for each of the heros. Including The Flash sequence and Batman's appearance and subsequent change to a more friendly version. As this story lives in its own universe, it has a nice overall feel, but would also be hard to build off of to something different. This story has also been featured a number of other DC cartoons, so it really seemed a bit redundant, even if it was the original.

Pros: As with the other DC Collectibles figure The Riddler has a fantastic sculpt that looks like he came right out of the cartoon. Also he has a good amount of articulation and key accessories from the “Riddler's Reform” Episode. As a little extra trivia nugget, The Riddler did not make his BTAS debut until episode 40?!? That seems crazy right? The friggin clock king beat him for goodness sake.

Cons: Of the 3 Episodes that we was featured in “Riddler’s Reform” was easily the least memorable so i’m wondering why DC Collectibles should have included the big old plastic toy shelf and while it is really well made, it seems like a wasted opportunity.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping