ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 01:47 PM   #30
pud333
Master of the Universe
Re: Macross Toy Reviews

SDF-1. Or SUPAH DIMENSIONAL FORTRESSUUUU!

My holy grail. This is the Yamato 1/3000 scale SDF-1 from the Macross film, Do You Remember Love? This is, quite bluntly, a beast.

First off, I always felt that when toys get too big, they start to lose a certain appeal for me. They start to look like giant plastic bricks. The SDF-1 is not one of those toys. Like everything Yamato does for the Macross toy line, this is model detail in toy form. And it is a TOY.

Cruiser mode:

The SDF-1 is nearly 17 inches long from tip to end. It is an impressive piece of engineering and design. The amount of detail is staggering. It comes with a stand that has multiple attachments to display the figure in both cruiser and attack modes.

The platforms (or the ARMDs) actually come off and they are ships in their own right. Though I won't be displaying them as such, since they were hella difficult to attach. It took me a good half hour almost to attach both platforms since I was afraid I was using too much force and would break them. But the truth is, you have to use lots of force. Don't worry, the toy is durable. The first one attached almost immediately, but the second took forever.

This figure is very menacing from certain angles. Very impressive.

The attention to detail is so amazing. As you can see, the detail on the bridge, at the back where you probably won't see often due to how it would be displayed; everything. Yamato really left no stone unturned.

The left leg has a compartment with some added features. There is a viewing window that is clear on one side, so you could imagine seeing Minmay singing there, and then you can flip it over so it is shielded with armour.

You can also pull off the plate, revealing Macross City!

The transformation is pretty simple. I won't go into the details, since there are plenty of Youtube videos showing transformation, but despite the simplicity, it is a lot of fun to transform, due to how sturdy the toy is. To be continued next post...

» Action Figure Shopping