ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 04-16-2024, 12:59 PM   #1823
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

1009-2
Tamashii Nations- Bandai Gundam Universe: Mobile Suit Gundam Wing: Wing Gundam Endless Waltz

You know what is odd? I?m the biggest Gundam fan I know of. I mean, Gundam has a massive, worldwide fan base that would rival any other intellectual property out there, but I?ve just never seen any evidence of it in real life. None of my friends watch it, my kids don?t care about it and even my brother, who typically has parallel interests to my own, has very little interest in the wide world of mech suits in various dystopian futures. So what?s the deal?
Hell, I even question that myself given that I?ve only seen a sliver of all the series and I?m not much of a model builder, but there is just something cool about the overall designs of the titular mobile suits that just appeal to me on an almost visceral level. I have my favorites, but basically love them all and will honestly keep picking them up as quickly as they release them.

Pros: Given that Gundam Wing was my first introduction to Gundam it continues to hold a big place among my favorite designs, and Wing Gundam from the ?Endless Waltz? mini-series is a huge standout given how unique it is. And while I can?t recall the in-world reasoning for the ?real? wings, I could see being a metaphor for being an angel more probable than not, especially considering that the other iconic Mobile Suit looks like a bat and is named DEATHSCYTHE HELL. In any case, Wing Gundam is a fantastic looking figure with lots of detail, articulated wings and iconic twin blasters.

Cons: Two minor things come to mind and are likely more indicative of real world engineering being strained by the overall neat design. Basically there is a lot of movable plastic that gets in the way and makes for a challenging figure to pose. Also, and while this was an issue on the Wing Zero as well, why doesn?t it come with the standard beam saber? Kind of an important accessory to be forgetting.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping