View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 09:05 AM   #11
Scrapper6
Cylon Centurion
Re: Toys "R" Us Exclusive Jurassic Park Toyline Released in Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Gremlin View Post
Yeah, that would be awesome!

All of the JP sets that have shown up at my local TRU, with the exception of the Dino Showdown sets, look like repaints. It was an easy pass on the rest of the stuff. I was so hoping the Dino Trackers would come with a franken Joe and a smaller dinosaur, but that wasn't the case. So I will only be concentrating on the Dino Showdown sets as the dinosaurs are new and have updated articulation plus it comes with a Jurassic Joe figure.
Might pick up the showdown sets too, if a sale on them happens. I sold everything Jurassic Park related long ago because things got to be too big and space issues were a concern, last to go was the Thrasher T-Rex at C4 a few years back, someone who was hunting for that for their collection went home very happy.

I still wound't mind a few key items like a decent sized poseable Rex to represent that series in my collection, but for now I'll content myself with the JPIII Lego set I own.

Perhaps Hasbro's Kre-O Craze will involve new JP sets in the future with some decent looking Dinosaurs. This stuff now is just some left over stock probable to cash in on the 3D Re-Release, when the rumored JP 4 finally hits, provided they ever get the damn thing started in the production phase of the equation, then maybe we'll get to see something new and impressive from Hasbro again.

They did just announce a re-license deal, maybe the anniversary or something for the original film will allow some of the toys to be produced.
Scrapper6 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping