View Single Post
Old 07-20-2021, 03:04 PM   #3
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Haslab Projects General Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cli1ck View Post
I personally definitely plan on backing Galactus. I can see how some people are content with the Marvel Universe one, though. I have both the old Toybiz BAF and the Marvel Universe and still plan on getting this new Haslab one.

I can't really see there being much in terms of stretch goals. Like you said, heralds would definitely be nice. Other than that, Galactus is a what you see is what you get kind of character. Maybe a damaged head? Maybe a scared face for facing Reed with the Ultimate Nullifier? Maybe some beam effects/attachments? Personally i'd like to see a moon/planet with a couple bite marks and an alt chewing face, though that'd probably never happen

The real question for me now is whether or not to order the Mezco f4 set. But that'll be ~$1k in Fantastic 4 products..

EDIT: Actually, you know what would be cool, a small 6"ish Galactus. I mean he can alter his size after all

I am definitely in for a Galactus, but I'll wait closer to the end of the backing period. I want to see what they offer for unlockables, but honestly in the end it won't matter. I want this bad boy.

I know they already said the first unlockable is a 6" figure. I don't think they will do anything "battle damaged" as an unlockable. I wouldn't mind some "Kirby Crackle" effects, or some display pieces to allow for "flying" heralds. A planet that fits in his hand would be kind of fun, but also a bit disappointing as an unlockable. Personally I would be fine with a couple figures and effects like the Sentinel.

If you really like the Mezco stuff then do it, but Hasbro is doing a FF retro line, which will probably get announced sometime this month (they said there will be more news this month). That would be a good example of brand synergy. Start the Galactus project, and then halfway through bump up FOMO/desire by showing a line that is made to go with him.

I am personally going to wait until after Christmas, but I am going to start looking at getting some MU 3 3/4" figures. I had some, but got rid of them. Now they would be perfect to get as a way of making Galactus even more humongous. By using the 3 3/4" figures in a display, you are basically doubling the scale of Galactus. That could make for some truly epic looking shots.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping