ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 11-27-2017, 10:53 AM   #129
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

2-046
Bandai- Movie Realization: Ashigaru Stormtrooper

In my last review for the Movie Realization Boba Fett I gushed about how great the concept was to mash up Star Wars and Feudal Japanese design as well as how amazing the figure was in hand. The Stormtrooper, while lacking in overall accessories, still packs a similar punch as far as detail and design and is quite impressive in its own right.

I suppose for all intensive purposes this is your standard run of the mill Stormtrooper and includes a sword with scabbard and old style flintlock (with working hammer!) blaster. I really appreciate some of the Stormtrooper armor details with the little face tubular sections (vents!?!) in the helmet and the little canister on the back of the belt.

Articulation has all the appropriate joints to allow for a range of poses, but like Fett, is somewhat limited by the armor. I do appreciate that you can more or less have him hold the sword and blaster with two hands.

Pros: The Star Wars / Japanese Feudalism mash-up works great for the Stormtrooper, has nice accessories and a good amount of usable articulation.

Cons: Since this release there has been a number of other troopers with better accessories; for the cost of this figure it would have been nice if there was one Stormtrooper release with all the cool accessories to not have to purchase multiples with similar design.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping