ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-03-2022, 03:52 PM   #1210
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

745-2
Hasbro- Marvel Legends: Nebula

Previously I touched on some thoughts regarding the new Disney+ What If? Series and thought it would be fun to go through episodes one by one. Check out review 710-2 and 720-2 for details.

EP 3- What if? The World Lost Its Mightiest Heroes.

OK, so what the hell did I just watch? Whose idea at Marvel Studios was it to just up and kill 90% of the avengers, one by one, for an entire episode? I get wanting to be edgy and even understand Hank Pym?s motive, but this was just ridiculous and lazy writing when you understand that Tony Stark and the rest of the Avengers had very little to due with his Wife?s disappearance. In all honesty, this just felt like a poorly executed ?Batman, Tower of Babel? storyline in which all members of the Justice League are neutralized by plans formulated by Batman in case they went rogue. Fortunately they were not all killed, but it showed how each of their weaknesses could be used against them which was smart; something I can?t say about this What If? Given it was just about shock value. Thankfully this had minimal effect of the other episodes and the series as a whole.

Pros: Nebula has a great overall sculpt and looks like she walked right out of the films. Articulation is standard for the female mold (sadly) and I love that she comes with a robotic arm.

Cons: At what point can we get a female figure, who is likely more flexible than any male superhero figure, the same amount of articulation and poseability. Additionally, is there really any reason that ?heels? need to be a part of a costume at this point? She is an amazing fighter and I can?t imagine heels make it easier. Lastly, A gun and an arm? That?s it for accessories? There isn?t even a holster to store the gun in: come on Hasbro.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping