ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 02:46 PM   #186
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

Another out of order review. This inconsistency is going to drive me nuts.

Anyways:

063-2
Hasbro- Marvel Legends: The Incredible Hulk.

It’s funny to me that my collection, likely consisting of over 500 separate figures, does not contain one Hulk figure (well, if you don’t count Disney Infinity); heck, I even had a Hulkbuster before I had a Hulk (now that is planning ahead!). I don’t have anything against the character; I suppose it just was never a priority for me. I even remember passing on the old Toy Biz Hulk Classics line from 2003 as Marvel figures were not on my radar back then. Even this particular Hulk figure was a bit of a fluke as I only got him as part of the Thanos BAF wave from Winners for $10. Which leads to a bit of a funny story:

A few years back Winners carried a selection of the older BAF figures that had been out of brick and mortar stores for a while and I felt that it was a great opportunity to boost my Marvel Legend ranks a bit. As you may know, Winners is not always the most reliable in getting all members of the waves and is sometimes sporadic in their shipments, but I was committed to checking on a daily basis to complete the set. One morning I read on the sighting thread that Hulk had been sighted at a Winners and I thought I would head to the local one to see if I would get lucky. Those familiar with the layout know that these figures can be found in the either the toy section or in the shelves by the cashiers and that morning I hit the toy section first was delighted when I found him there. Unbeknownst to me there was another collector (and a member here) who had the same idea as me that morning, but opted to hit up the racks by the cashiers instead and found nothing. Thankfully he was super cool about his loss and I was able to make it up to him by finding another one a few days later; funny how somethings work out.

Pros: Nice sized figure for a regular release, Good sculpt and a good amount of articulation.

Cons: Would have liked open hands in addition to the fists.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping