ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 01:41 AM   #9
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: GI Joe Sigma 6: The best toy line that you NEVER bought.

On with the reasoning.
1. The have wide appeal: While this may not be the case in some toy lines, Sigma 6 had something for anyone...OK, maybe not everyone, but toy collectors more specifically, something for all toy collectors. You like Military figures? Check. You like Ninjas? We got 'em. You like Vehicle play sets? No prob. How about Mech's? Yep. What is you policy on Robots? You want 'em, we got 'em. Sigma 6 even did a better job than a certain Movie in tying the series back to the original mythos. The biggest thing that people had to get past was that Sigma Six was not your fathers, nor your childhood Gi Joe. These figures did not have the familiar 12'' or 3 3/4'' stature and were not held together with an elaborate rubber band system. It was...OMG different. There were two size classes: 2.5'' and 8''.
Many of the 2.5'' figures had limited articulation but were molded fairly well, in nice action poses. They also released Vehicles with the 2.5'' figures. Great new vehicles with familiar Joe Undertones. These vehicles were loaded with action which again was strangely familiar with the 3 ¾'' toy of my past, but were not so large or bulky that you would need an aircraft carrier to store them all. The biggest down side, and was touched on before, was that the figures that accompanied these vehicles were smaller and a good deal less fun then their 3 ¾'' counterparts. The limited articulation and zero extra accessories made these figures more of an accessory to the vehicle than anything else. The 2.5'' line reminded me more of the 80's MASK toy series. It is just too bad that the figures did not follow the same level of articulation as the MASK characters as it could have had a little more appeal. I know that was turned off by it, but by leaving these on the shelf I really missed out on some greatly designed and fun toys. Like I said earlier, the Dragon Hawk is easily one of my favorite vehicle play sets that I own. It is a shame that I didn't open it eariyer...

More to come....
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping