ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 12-24-2010, 03:43 AM   #20
pud333
Master of the Universe
Re: Macross Toy Reviews

This review is for the perfect transformation Yamato 1/60 VF-1A Do You Remember Love? Max and Kakizaki. These guys are two out of the four Skull Squadron pilots, the other two being Hikaru and Roy Focker. The VF-1As are from the beginning of the DYRL? movie.

Everything is the same as the VF-1S Roy Focker toy, with a few differences. As you can see, they look exactly the same (Max on left, Kakizaki on right). The only differences are the paint schemes. Max is blue, Kakizaki is green. (sorry, photos are so dark they look the same, but trust me, one is blue, one is green)

A.jpgB.jpgC.jpg

The pilots are the same mold, only with different colors. The canopies lack the rainbow tint of older releases. Also, like the TV version of the VF-1S (review just before this one), these have the new crotch designs for better / easier transformation.

BB.jpg

Gerwalk mode: Here I've only transformed Kakizaki to show off the other modes.

CC.jpgCCC.jpg

Battroid mode: As you can see, the head is different than the VF-1S.

D.jpgE.jpg

And finally, the fast packs can have their casings removed to show the detail inside. These toys are great, because as I said in other reviews, they look like models, but are fun toys.

F.jpg

I picked both up from the Yamato sale at HLJ.com for 40% off, which made them about $90 a piece. Again, a great price for such a wicked toy. The sale lasts until December 24th. The only one I need now is the VF-1A Hikaru, which is the red and black deco. Unfortunately, Macross collectors are still awaiting a re-release on the toy, since previous releases have all had QC issues of cracking shoulders. So do not buy that one unless it is re-released. To my knowledge, there are no plans for a re-release, and any version of the VF-1A Hikaru valk you find online and on eBay are the old ones with the shoulder problems.

Last edited by pud333; 12-24-2010 at 03:48 AM.
pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping