ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 08-03-2021, 12:12 PM   #1044
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

637-2
Hasbro- Transformers Prime: First Edition Optimus Prime vs Megatron

Hard to believe that it’s been 11 years since Transformers Prime first premiered. And you know what is crazy? The time between the last episodes of G1 (Rebirth) and the first episode of Beast Wars was only 9 years. Unreal given that the last 11 years seems to have flown by, but the period of 1987-1996 was quite different and formative given that I aged from 8 to 17 years old. I suppose what is even more crazy is that I still have a number of these Prime figures to open. I always wondered how someone could still have a MISB Generation 1 figure in a package just hanging around, and while this set is not as sought after as an old school Optimus or Megatron, it’s still pretty cool.

Pros: Optimus Prime- It’s rare that Optimus gets a deluxe sized figure so this is a nice change of pace. The mold is nice and looks like the animation model well enough, transformation is fun, but challenging and I like the included weapon. And while they are super basic, I like that they included the static kid figures that star in the cartoon. They might be annoying, but it’s not often that we get human representation in toy form.

Megatron- Much like Optimus, Megatron is a nice size, looks good in robot mode, has a decent transformation and comes with his trademark arm cannon.

Cons: Optimus Prime- There is no real good way to say this: He has monkey arms…

Megatron- Even though I’m getting some Beast Machines vibes from it, I don’t like the vehicle mode as it looks like one of those unofficial 3rd “flight” modes that we gave out G1 figures back in the day. Also… you can totally see his head popping out of the top there. Lastly the back of the robot mode is a bit of a pain to transform properly and the instructions are zero help.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping