ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 09:40 AM   #8
66jedikiller66
Decepticon
Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story Collectibles Released in Canada

Hoping to hear some positive Toysrus news today since I can't get there until tomorrow morning.
Stuff like...the shelves were overfilled everyone had carts full of stuff and there was still more to grab.
You know...the kind of stuff you haven't heard about since The Episode 1 street date. Back in the day.
Ahhh memories....
Have your opinion, say episode 1 sucked, say the toys sucked...they all went into clearance blah, blah, blah.
I don't care. because I'll tell you this, I have never seen an onslaught of marketing like that for a toyline not ever.
My friends and I went to the states and I was 5th in line out of 250 people at one single toysrus.
When they let us all in it was crazy...there was a lady with full cases of unopened figures and she was just throwing them at people. Meanwhile the entire feature area was already set up with the pegs overlflowing in product. I just kind of wandered around in shock.
Then my friend ran up with a cart full of stuff and say's "What did you get?
Nuthin, duh, I was still in shock.
So he leaves me that one and goes Back to fill another.
I spent $850 USD that night.
Then we came back to Canada to find that Walmart and Toysrus had the same amount of product the U.S. had...just mind boggling.

I went to the U.S. last night and was kind of let down, I had to go to 3 Meijers and 3 Walmarts just to get what I wanted.
I still managed to spend about $305 US
We need more 24 hour stores in Canada.

Last edited by 66jedikiller66; 04-13-2018 at 09:47 AM.
66jedikiller66 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping