ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 04-06-2018, 09:24 AM   #198
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

087-2
Hasbro- Marvel Legends: Captain America

There are apparently 3 things that are required when designing a Captain America figure. 1. A physics defining vibranium shield that he expertly uses for both offence and defence. 2. An iconic red, white and blue costume that will always show his true colours and who he fights for 3. And a pair of extra hands: one chopping hand to karate chop any opposing force and one pointing figure hand to play the old ‘pull my finger’ trick that all old guys love to do. Ok, ok…one is probably for saluting and the other for pointing at Hulk for smashing commands, but why can't it be both?

This particular Capt should be based on Marvel cinematic universe Avengers movie (his uniform) but has a decidedly comic style head sculpt that looks ok for a comic style Captain America, but terrible for a Chris Evans. I'm also not so sure I love the armoured look of the suit. Yes, in real life it would seem reasonable that Capt would have some type of body protection, but it just somewhat throws the whole aesthetic off for me. (For the record I have the same issue with an overly armoured Batman, so it's not just Capt). It has been a while since I have seen The Avengers so I'm not sure that he has this level of armour either.

Pros: Nice looking MCU style Capt with nice shield, cool alt hands and comic style head sculpt.

Cons: Not a fan of the armoured uniform and I wish there was a good way to affix his shield to his back.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping