ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-11-2022, 11:12 PM   #9
Onslaught
Cylon Centurion
Re: Toys R Us Canada Announces all Collector Items Products as FINAL SALE

With the blind box packaging, I kind of get it, and I've seen how most CS don't bother to actually look for swaps, even with fully visible packaging (though one lady was once extremely thorough and when I told her a part was broken she opened up the package and tried it out for herself... seeing someone who doesn't get toys try to understand what the problem was was quite the experience) so I can see how it's 'safer' this way. I could definitely see a random parent accidentally buying a box of rocks (or as I've seen once, a PS4 box filled with juice boxes) because of scumbag swappers. Can't have a nice thing when people act like that, and TRU wanted to get ahead of it because they probably saw the writing on the wall, or maybe even already have been dealing with it.

That said, breaks and bad QC does happen, so it's not an ideal situation. If people aren't honest with their returns on Amazon or Walmart I could see them following suit and at that point who do you turn to, the manufacturer? Not very ideal.
Onslaught is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping