ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 12-14-2018, 12:26 PM   #315
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

166-2
Hasbro- Star Wars Black Series: Boba Fett.

Is Boba Fett the most popular Star Wars character? Certainly an interesting question and one that I’m sure would provide a lot of compelling arguments. For me I would say that when I was a young Star Wars fan he certainly held a place at the top given his badass persona, cool armor and larger than life image within the Star Wars universe. However over time, likely due to his oversaturation in the media since (Looking at you Attack of the Clones), his stock has dropped in my book. Not to say that I still won’t snatch him up when I see him, but perhaps won’t be the first figure I grab of that wave.

Pros: Overall a really nice figure with a detailed sculpt, key accessories including signature blaster, jet pack and side arm blaster that rarely is included and features a good amount of articulation. I’m also happy that this figure is being re-released so other collectors have have a crack at him if they missed the first few Black Series waves.

Cons: The only thing holding this figure back is also somewhat responsible for making it look cool: the moulded pouches hinder the hip articulation to the point where dynamic poses aren’t really possible. I suppose there is a trade off between form over function but it seems that this is happening more and more with many figures making me question if these toy producers even test the final product. Thankfully there is a bit of a work around by which you can move the belt, but the pouches are then misaligned.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping