ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-25-2021, 02:03 PM   #841
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

501-2
Playmates- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Classic: Michelangelo

***audible sigh***

Well I watched it so you don’t have too and I can now finally confidently say that Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is not for me. I mean, I could only get through 3 minutes of a random episode from season 2, but it was enough… I guess it could be fun for kids that have grown up on a steady diet of Adventure Time and Teen Titans Go!, but to me it just seems so artificial. This is not a new exciting take on a piece of pop culture that has been around for decades, but rather a very weak attempt at the silly cartoon genre that has become extremely long in the tooth and I think the Turtles fans deserved better.

Pros: Funny enough I’ve been familiar with this version of Michelangelo for longer than every other TMNT figure in my collection as my son had, and played with him, when he first came out. At the time I was really blown away at the level of articulation and detail for these figures and really made me excited to open my own version…. 8 years later. As with his brothers, Mikey has a nice sculpt, good articulation and storage for his awesome chained nunchucks. I’m not sure I said it with the other “classic” figures, but I do appreciate the included stand.

Cons: As with the others, the torso / shell limits some of the poseability and while I LOVE the real chains on his chucks, coupled with some of the articulation, it limits his ability to hold them.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping