Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 08-19-2019, 04:08 PM   #3
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
It still blows my mind what an epic failure Target was up here. Spends millions upon millions of dollars building new locations and refurbishing old stores, bring in merchandise, hire employees, set up warehouses and distribution... and call it quits within a year. How do you fail that hard, Target???
Target died alot by its own hand. They for whatever reason decided to create their own inventory and POS system independant from the one used by Target in the USA which worked totally fine. That caused empty shelves etc when they soft launched, they opened too quickly and too fast as well.

But the second factor was the customers. To this day I cannot wrap my head around the fact people in Canada expected pricing on par with their US counterparts even though the exchange was hovering around 25% at the time. People stayed away in droves because of it and because of that they did so at their own peril because those who celebrated their departure from Canada have paid the penalty of losing a huge competitor which has allowed Walmart to position itself to an near monopoly. Consumers failed Target as much as Target failed themselves in Canada.

I for one was a loyal Target customer till the end. Some of the best deals Ive ever found at retail came from those stores. I'm still opening Lego sets with my kids I obtained during their famous clearance sales before they left. I hope everyone enjoys the poop sandwich Walmart is gonna give us moving forward.
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping