ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-04-2016, 04:14 PM   #68
MULTIPLEX
Decepticon
Re: Star Wars Bandai Kit Thread

For the first time, Bandai included two options for a cape, a plastic one and a cloth one. I still have nightmares about the plastic Vader cape. But this cape is much better. Sure it limits articulation but it actually looks damn good.

The cloth cape is a felt type material. Yes, it's a bit stiff but at least they included an alternative. I actually like it better than the plastic cape. However, I did really like how they designed the front part of the plastic cape with the ribbon to simply rotate out of the way to make room for her arm to raise. I'll be making a custom cape of my own for sure now that I have a pattern to work with. I have to say the ribbon stickers are really high quality and have a fabric feel to them.

Paint

Hardly any paint is required for this set. Even less then the 3P0 kit. However, the blaster was incorrectly (in my mind) cast in silver chrome and that just won’t fly in my Star Wars universe. Phasma’s blaster has a slight gold tint to it so I had to try and replicate it. I used my TFA Visual Dictionary as a reference for the paint job.

Colour Palette (Tamiya Acrylic Paints)

All I did was add a few drops of X-20A Acrylic Thinner to some X-31 Titanium Gold. Applied the mixture to the entire blaster twice with thin coats and then added the black and red detailing. Pretty happy with it cause I was able to maintain the shininess factor.

MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping