ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 02-26-2024, 02:10 PM   #1811
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

1000-2
Hasbro- G.I. Joe Sigma Six- Iron Grenadier

1000 reviews hey? That’s not too shabby of a milestone and it doesn’t even cover the 200 or so initial reviews from Volume 1, the special reviews and even the sporadic retro reviews. All in, I’m probably closer to 1500, but a number like 1000 is still difficult to pass by without a little bit of fanfare on my part. And while I haven’t yet received the fame and fortune that I had perhaps secretly hoped for, I am proud that I’ve kept with it over all these years as it still serves the purpose to which I originally set out to accomplish. I love being able to spread out the enjoyment of a figure over a few stages and it gives me a reason to keep a bit of a journal of thoughts over an extended period of time. As it turns out, I love writing and even though I know I could be much better at it, I appreciate the ability to write without worry. I also love doing the pictures as it gives me a much better opportunity to play around with the figure in a way that I would never get if I just threw them up on the shelf out of the box. I also understand that my pictures are mediocre at best, but certainly reached a plateau for the time and effort that I’m willing to put in. Anyways, thanks as always for continuing to read my nonsense and I hope that you get some enjoyment out of the pictures. I have no plans of stopping any time soon, so here is to another 1000.

Pros: I have VERY high hopes for the Iron Grenadier that sadly were not met, but I’ll try to keep this section positive. I will say that I will always love this particular sub group in the G.I. Joe universe and sincerely hope that Classified tackles them soon. I do love this guys overall look and feel that despite taking on a much different look from the ARAH figure, it certainly has a Destro vibe. I love the removable armor and the details including the canister on his leg. Also, he comes with a crazy accessory that can only be described as a prisoner torture device complete with spiked shackles and a collar that would NEVER fly these days.

Cons: I should have known that the gravy train of Sigma 6 would stop eventually and I’m really not sure why I am still surprised when I open a figure and see first hand the running cost savings measures implemented in the line. On this guy the glaring issue is that there are no straps for his shoulder armor. There are notches and they are on the packaging, but not included. It also feels like there is something else missing on this guy, like a smaller handgun or sword, but who knows. Lastly his hips were extremely loose and he should not properly stand up without doing the splits. Thankfully I was able to tighten them up with some glue, but just such an annoyance on a figure.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping