ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-19-2021, 01:30 PM   #833
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

497-2
Hasbro- Transformers Generations 30: Rattrap.

Oh boy do I ever love an updated Beast Wars Transformer which is funny as, for the most part, Beast Wars figures were pretty decent from the start. That said there is always room for improvement which is why I’m looking forward to the new War For Cybertron Primal figures. Sure I’ll probably still be opening old Beast style generations figures by the time they come out and won’t get sucked into the whole line, but still nice to have the option.

Pros: The original Rattrap is probably one the my most prised Beast Wars figures as I picked him up loose/complete well after his initial release and before eBay was the standard way to fill holes in a collection. Funny enough I would only see Rat Trap one more time, but this time Mint In Package, at the same place where I got the loose version: My local comic book store here in Calgary Phoenix Comics on 17th Ave SW. Anyways. I really like this new version and feel that Hasbro took a decent figure and really improved on the original. He has a great sculpt in both modes that resemble the source material really well, a fun transformation, good articulation in Robot mode and some really great accessories including a collapsible pistol and some binoculars that he can both hold on to and store in his forearm; I LOVE STUFF LIKE THIS!

Cons: Slight trade off with these beast figures that the Beast mode is typically less poseable. I would have loved if his Rat mode could have pulled off a few more of those poses that he was able to pull off in the cartoon.

Last edited by Team Jetfire; 01-19-2021 at 01:34 PM.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping