ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 07:51 PM   #92
pud333
Master of the Universe
Re: Macross Toy Reviews

I've had this for a couple months I think. I didn't realize I never posted the review until now. Huh. Anyway, what I have here is the VF-25S Armoured Parts from Bandai. Let's get to it.

Packaging:

Besides the armour, it comes with additional stand attachment pieces, missiles, and replacement missile pod covers.

Fighter mode:

This thing is a beast. The armour is very easy to put on, it clips on nicely and it seems pretty snug. You can't swing the valk around or anything, but you can swoosh it with no problems. (Yes, I do swoosh my valks. #noregrets). in the anime Macross Frontier, the armour is used to boost speed and weapons, and can be ejected from the valk at any point.

The stand is very helpful here. While I generally don't like these stands - I prefer more dynamic stands like the flexstands or the Yamato launch stands - they are very helpful here simply due to how heavy this valkyrie is with all the armour on. Each of the individual boosters are articulated, so you can adjust them how you like, similar to how they function in the anime, giving the fighter the ability to make quick and sudden adjustments during dogfights.

The details are nice, and the paint application is very well done. So far no major problems.

The leg armour has an additional set of articulated landing gear bult into it, instead of just folding over top and leaving holes in the armour for the landing gear to come out of. It's very cool, and when closed up, provides a seamless look.

The armour is so heavy, that they provided an additional plastic bar that is required if you want to keep the legs together in fighter mode. You only get one, so don't lose it!

Last edited by pud333; 10-15-2012 at 07:53 PM.
pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping