ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 01:06 AM   #36
pud333
Master of the Universe
Re: Macross Toy Reviews

Finally. What I've been waiting for. A TRUE 1/60 scale VF-25F. This is the Bandai DX Chogokin VF-25F Alto custom valkyrie from the show, Macross Frontier. Bandai made these valkyries a couple years ago. However, much to the dismay of many collectors, there were many, many short comings. For said shortcomings, just go back in this thread to see my review on the VF-25G. This v2 is far superior.

Typical Bandai packaging. Nice box art, and the toy comes in a styrofoam tray, which I personally prefer over Yamato's plastic ones. The toy comes with a stand that can be used for all three modes, as well as extra hands, a knife, a gun, a little Alto that fits in the cockpit, and an Alto wearing his ex gear, which he uses to fly about should he ever have to leave/abandon his valkyrie. Which happens more often in the show than one would think.

Fighter mode:

This is a gorgeous bird. No doubt about it. Very accurate to the line art / anime. Everything about the first version has been fixed here. The VF-25F can sit in fightermode on the landing gear, even with the gun attached. This was a huge failing of the original version.

The wings retract, and have a nice "clicking" function.

Gerwalk mode:

One of the big problems with the first version was that the gerwalk mode couldn't pull off the A-frame stance. Now, it has no problems, and even has an extra bar that clicks things into place.

The gun can attach in gerwalk mode just like in the anime.

» Action Figure Shopping