ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-29-2020, 01:13 PM   #733
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

447-2
Hasbro- Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise- Wheeljack

I’m continuing my look at the new Netflix Transformers War for Cybertron Trilogy. Have a look at review 442-2 for previous thoughts.

EP 1
Netflix synopsis- Megatron urges Optimus Prime to accept a treaty, while Starscream questions Jetfire’s leadership. The Autobots try to recruit Bumblebee to their side.
Overall thoughts: Given that this was the 1st episode there was a lot riding on it to carry favor with new viewers and for the most part it did not disappoint. I mean, what Transformer fan wouldn’t be happy with an introduction involving Wheeljack and Bumblebee on a mission to look for Energon? For those not aware that was the opening scene in the G1 cartoon. Outside of that I enjoyed the various character introductions, including one Jetfire, whom I am particularly partial to, as well as a number of female characters that have become fan favorites over the years. I’m still on the fence about Bumblebee’s independent status. It’s likely just Bumblebee fatigue, given his popularity in the wake of the movies, but they are going easy on his time on screen. It is also really clear that they are going for a more mature feel to this given one of Jetfire’s seekers killed pretty well right off the bat. Lastly I like the back story that they are creating with the Autobots and Decepticons being different races and having a very tumultuous and interconnected history. I realize that this is a theme throughout, but this could be the first time I’ve seen them stop short of the simple Autobot = good and Decepticon = bad equations.

Pros: As mentioned in previous reviews, I have slowed WAY down on my new Transformers pickups, but given that Wheeljack was my 2nd ever Transformer, I knew that I would have to pick him up. Overall he is a fantastic figure and outside of the MP Wheeljack, this could be the best version of the character to date. Excellent sculpt, good articulation for nice poses, fun transformation and a very sleek robot mode.

Cons: I guess the gimmick of this line is the ability to collect other smaller characters that can transform into other weapons? While I don’t have much of an issue with this, it does seem that other weapons, weapons that would normally come with the figure are omitted. Also, both the back panels and the shoulder rocket launcher/gun are a bit small for the character.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping