Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 10:42 PM   #7
SkitchDC
Clonetrooper
Re: Toys “R” Us continues normal business operations across Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle power eh View Post
Yeah I'm also inclined to think that TRU Canada isn't far behind. The writting is officially on the wall in the US and UK , so how they think they can sustain here in Canada is a bit of a mystery to me. My local TRU looks full but they are full of the same inventory month after month that just looks like it's not selling through. The old stuff is never discounted deep enough to make me think twice about picking up anything I have ever passed on. ML for example: there are some figures id consider picking up to complete some BAFs but not for the fractional discounts they have offered...and this stuff has been sitting for a good year at least.
^ This exactly. Like i said as well they have no curation or people who care about toys they just like distributors send them tons and tons of crap. I remember when i was young beast wars was hot but there was lots of pegwarmers. I specifically remember this flyer that had a sale on them which was crazy but it was literally on listed figures so certain figures from assortment were different prices. THIS WAS GENIUS! All kids of things like that TOYSRUS invented preordering games another good way to nap early money. It just seems like they dont care so why would their customers......
SkitchDC is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping