ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-03-2017, 11:55 AM   #80
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle power eh View Post
The Hulk Buster is a great BAF, and I agree it was a pain to get all the required pieces. Its been nice lately that you have only needed 6 figures to complete some BAFS as apposed to 8.

Its also a shame this BAF didn't come out looking as metallic as the promo shots...and unfortunately for us the UK had a revision wave released with better quality BAF parts.

I really see no end to the switch outs at retail, its been happening every since the Amazing Spider Man 2wave released with the then "new" style collector friendly packaging. Only way it all ends is if Hasbro puts everything in plastic clamshell packaging or something you pretty much have destroy to get the figures out. Sad part is now people are getting stuff from retailers like Walmart via online with BAf pieces missing or figure swaps.

..and we gotta get those D list characters, would be pretty boring if all we got were A list revisions time and time again...Bless Blizzard's little heart LOL.

Keep up the good work, love hearing your thoughts on figures that aren't so new that we over appreciate them at times.
Thanks and I am glad that you are enjoying them. The Hulkbuster is certainly impressive and even more so that I was able to get most of the figures from Winners for $10. In my opinion BAFs really work well when it is for over-sized figures like Hulkbuster or Thanos, but a bit of a waste for smaller ones like Mantis.

I've also recently come around on the lesser known figures being included; i just wish the figures like Blizzard would have some type of accessory included.

The swapping is a whole other issue entirely. Hasbro could easily fix the issue with a sealed box, but not sure that is going to happen anytime soon. I suppose you could also blame the high cost of these for the increased theft. $30 is a bit rich for and with the classic versions retailing now for $35, people will start doing dumb stuff. I love my toys, but there is no way that they are worth $35.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping