ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-26-2021, 12:59 PM   #916
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

545-2
Hasbro- Marvel Legends Riders: Wolverine

I really dislike the idea of full size vehicles for 6” figures as they are just far too large to be practical in any collection. That said, I do love these riders figures and a motorbike, or Star Wars speeder or even perhaps a Cobra Trouble Bubble (Not confirmed, just hopping) are almost the perfect size to be cool, yet still fit on a collection. Obviously a bike with Wolverine is a given, as I feel it would be his preferred mode of transportation. In fact, a few years ago on my short lived Retro toys I reviewed a similar type figure from the X-Men Evolution toy line that featured a Sabertooth and two different Wolverines (one costumed and one plain closed) on some really fantastic looking bikes. The funny thing was that the costumed Wolverine figure actually came with a helmet. Think of the logic there; a helmet for the mutant who has both an adamantine skull and a healing factor that can heal any ailment.

Pros: Now this feels like a Wolverine figure. Short and stocky, muscular and hairy and the only thing missing is a lit cigar. I’m not kidding, this figure just oozes personality. Overall decent articulation, two heads, one with a classic Eye Patch and both clow hands and grasp hands for the Motorbike. The titular RIDE of this rider set is a blue Harley Sport clone that I assume is a less dressed version of Ghost Riders bike. Overall it’s a nice looking bike that can hold the figure fairly well and distinguishes itself with some soft plastic saddlebags.

Cons: While I don’t mind the extra head, I really wish that Hasbro gave the rider set the cowboy hat and Katana sword from the overpriced EB Games exclusive. It’s not that 6 blades on a bike is not enough, but I would have loved the look from his days in Japan. On the bike, while I love the saddlebags, they just did a really bad job in affixing them to the back of the bike and just fells off. Not a big deal for me as I’m not VROOM-VROOMING it around, but should stay on a little bit right?

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping