ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 02:34 PM   #43
pud333
Master of the Universe
Re: Macross Toy Reviews

This review is the Yamato's 1/60 scale Sound Booster accessory that goes with the VF-19 Fire Custom Valkyrie.

The box is pretty much the same size as the one for the valkyrie. Slightly thinner.

Packaging:

It comes with an extra Basara in his rocker outfit and a couple attachments

Attached in Fighter Mode: The attachment piece is really solid, letting it attach to the fighter very easily. However, my quibble is the attachment is too hard to remove off the sound boosters, but I assume that gets less sticky over time.

You can have the sound boosterse attach to the Yamato stand (sold separately) on their own.

These are the money shots. As you can see, the sound boosters transform to reveal the speakers inside. The detail is very, very cool and really makes the valkyrie look so menacing. Too bad these aren't cannons. (I prefer to think of these as giant blasting cannons, rather than speakers.)

The sound boosters are a must have accessory. I believe it makes the entire toy, and really makes this beast impressive. This toy is massive with the sound boosters on. Next to the 1/3000 scale SDF-1:

The only con is the price. MSRP is $8,820 yen, but you can normally find this for anywhere between $103 - $113, depending on where you look. I got mine from HKCollectibles, which had it at the cheapest price. The thing is, I could buy another VF-1S for that price or three Yamato stands. On its own, the Sound Boosters are just meh. But I believe it is necessary to put the VF-19 Fire over the top in terms of sheer awesomeness. Too bad it costs so much. Admitedly, it was easier for me to drop $220 on the valkyrie than it was for me to drop $100 on an accessory. The end result is just ballin' though.

Last edited by pud333; 12-07-2011 at 03:02 PM.
pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping