ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 12:09 PM   #344
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

187-2
Mattel- DC: Batman 66

Whoa, 4 years to the month I posted my 4th review to the volume 1 thread which was the super fun Surf’n Batman from this same Mattel Batman ‘66 line and I was really excited about the potential that line could have. Just think of the possibilities that a line like this could have? Of course Dynamic Duo, the extended revolving door of colourful villains, and a supporting cast that could keep this line going for years. Instead Mattel did what they always do and completely dropped the ball. Sure we got Batman, a few of the key villains, and previously reviewed Surf’n Batman, but that was really it for single releases. I guess there was a few playsets and exclusives that included Robin and Bat-Girl, but I never saw them in the wild which is a shame as I would have liked my “White Knight” to have his partner in justice. I suppose that it’s just another reason why I’m totally fine with Mattel losing the DC licence.

Pros: I will give credit to DC for capturing the Adam West Batman look in the figure and sculpt as there is little doubt as to which Batman this is.

Cons: No included accessories and typically weak Mattel articulation. I would have given it a pass if there was either a bat-a-rang, extra hands or ankle tilts, but alas Mattel must have blown the budget on sculpt, a fabric cape and a stand.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping