ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 12:04 PM   #350
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

190-2
Hasbro- Marvel Legends: The Wasp.

It’s funny when I open figure that was already used as a retool/repaint for a figure that that I had opened in the past. In this case The Wasp was the initial release and The Beetle was from the Absorbing Man wave and basically share all the same key parts; something that I am totally fine with given that its allows for multiple different characters with little extra cost. I also appreciate that Hasbro Marvel Legends tend not to just do straight repaints opting for different heads or other re-tooling. In the Wasps’ case I believe the head and lower torso are unique with the rest including hands and wings being the same. And while I think they did a nice job with Janet or the Wasp’s 2000 era, pre MCU head sculpt, I just prefer a “masked or helmeted” super hero, I mean isn’t that the key part of being a superhero?

Pros: Really great head sculpt capturing The Wasps comic accurate, and sensible short haired look, nice looking costume with added wings and decent articulation.

Cons: I think it would have been cool if they included some integrated energy blasts to emulate her powers.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping