Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 09-07-2016, 01:44 PM   #846
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight
Re: Star Wars Black Series discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
The guy's booth was honestly a scalping showcase. There wasn't one thing there that wasn't priced above and beyond what it was worth.

The guy went to the Hasbro shop with "a friend" so as to get past the 1 exclusive per customer policy. That friend was just another person who ran the booth.

I'm pretty sure it was the vendor "Rare Hunters".
Sadly this has become the way of business when selling toys. I've pre ordered many figures from the guys you are talking about and usually for a fair price, picked up and paid cash (I will agree that some of their single figure prices are too steep for my liking, I have always been given fair prices when ordering an entire wave or case).

As much as I hate scalpers there is going to be a market for the con exclusives and guys who sell toys for a living will exploit that. You didnt go to the con, you want the con exclusive figure, at some point the reseller is your only real option.

I had planed on attending fan expo on the weekend but bailed out last minute, now I'm looking to get that damn Obi Wan box set and the going rates are sadly around $120...but when you break it down $70 for the figure and $40 to get in on the Sunday and I'm already at $110. The markups are not insane when you really break down the cost of actually going to the con and buying the figure.

FYI not here to defend or call out the scalpers but business is business and everyone has to eat.
turtle power eh is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping